Celebrate Earth Day 2016
Changing the world starts by changing our little corner of it.
This year, Earth Day is entering its 46th year. 46 years of challenging people to be more sustainable, inspiring people to make better environmental choices, and motivating people to save our planet.
To celebrate this year’s Earth Day, here are 10 ways you can make a difference in our own little corner of the world
- Buy a reusable water bottle – this can be refilled and prevents you from buying plastic
- Unplug unused appliances and chargers
- Keep curtains ope during the day to let in natural light, instead of having to turn on the light
- Support local! Shop at Farmer’s Markets and support businesses that use sustainable produce
- Fix leaks – one household’s leaks can waste the equivalent of 270 loads of laundry
- Shut down your computer or laptop completely at night
- Use reusable shopping bags
- Turn off lights when leaving a room
- Many airlines accept online boarding passes now – use these and save paper and the trees!
- In summer, put out shallow bowls of water with a few marbles in them. These act as hydration stations for bees, giving them the energy to carry on their important pollination work
To find out more about Earth Day, please visit www.earthday.org/